COVID-19 Reducing Risk
We’re all talking about COVID-19 so we want to take a moment to let you know what we’re doing at SAVE to mitigate the transmission rate of COVID-19. First and foremost: SAVE is committed to staying open so we can help your furry family members in their time of need.
SAVE is committed to doing everything possible to protect our Team members and the general public from COVID-19. We ask that if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 you do not come into SAVE but instead have a friend/family member bring the patient. We highly encourage you to stay home if you are sick. We’ve made some necessary protocol changes in order to protect society and our SAVE Team members:
1. We will be locking the door at all times to control how many people are in the building at any given time. Please call us (403-995-3270) or use the newly introduced app called BabelBark (more on that below) to message us that you are here. In emergency cases, please call us when you are on the way.
2. To limit the number of people in our waiting room, you may be directed to wait in your vehicle until further direction is received by us.
3. We ask that all clients remain on the floor mat in front of reception and to not lean over the counter. This will aid us in keeping the proper distancing.
4. After every patient visit, we will disinfect the exam room and commonly touched surfaces to protect our team and clients.
5. We will not be accepting any cash until further notice. We can accept debit/credit card payments in the exam rooms and credit cards over the phone.
6. We recommend only one person attend the hospital with your pet. If two attend, we may ask one individual to wait in the vehicle to limit clients in the hospital.
7. We ask that every visitor of SAVE takes a moment to use the hand sanitizer stations throughout the waiting room.
What else have we changed?
SAVE has partnered with BabelBark, offering a new set of tools and the ability to share information in order to assist in the care and well being of your pet. Through the Babelbark app, pet owners will have the ability to communicate directly, share information and store records such as lab results. As you fill in more information about your pet on the BabelBark app, SAVE will be able to see the information such as nutrition, weight, and activity as you update it in real time. You can also send direct messages, and use the 2-way journal for notes and observations that the clinic will have access to. It’s a remote solution to keep us distanced physically from each other while keeping you and your pet connected to us.
The BabelBark app is available for download on IOS here and Android.
In addition to our regular cleaning/disinfecting protocols we will be stepping up our routine and frequency of disinfection of any surface that has regular human contact.
SAVE will be updating you in regards to your pet’s health if anything changes and will keep you as up-to-date as possible in any further changes to SAVE’s operations as more information becomes available to us regard COVID-19.